FMHTTH Blog Hop: Riding Playlist


So FMHTTH had a great Blog Hop (that I actually saw via L) and I thought I'd join in! 

While I don't listen to music at the barn (I really just want to hear the birds, and horses munching hay, and the wind in the trees at that point in my day) I do unabashedly have a running Spotify playlist for Tesla.



1. Tessellate by Alt J (cause Tess is in it :)

2. The Sporting Life  by The Decemberists (cause sometimes Tess is less than coordinated - I could imagine her sympathizing with the narrator)

3. I Feel It All by Feist (cause Tess has all the feels all the time)

4. Wow by Beck (cause Giddyup! Giddyup!)

5. Don't You Want Me by Bahamas/The Weather Station (cause I had an animal communicator tell me that Tesla felt like I might not want her after I took a tumble)

6. Feel It Still by Portugal the Man (see 3)

7. Less is Moi: The Goat Rodeo Sessions (just a bit of country twang nod to her APHA daddy)

8. La valse d'Amelie by Yann Tiersen (cause someday we will do a dressage freestyle to this)

9. Comptine d'un autre été by Yann Tiersen (see 8)

10. I Promise by Radiohead (cause "I won't run away no more, I promise")

11. Parade of the Charioteers from Ben Hur (cause who doesn't love a good parade? ;)

12. Symphony No. 7 in A Major, Op. 92: 2 Allegretto by Beethoven (cause I always think of horses for this tune prolly cause of this movie)

13. The Tennessee Stud by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (cause "she was a-ridin' that Tennessee mare")

14. Too Dramatic by Ra Ra Riot (see also 3)

15. Tree by the River by Iron & Wine (cause "pitch black and barin' it's teeth" - to be fair, Tesla only does this to other quadrupeds when there is grain involved and she doesn't want to share)

16. Giantess by Bombay Bicycle Club (see 1 and it has the perfect posting trot rhythm in it)

Comments