Smile, you're on Camera!


  One of the things I realized I didn't have for Porsche was a nice, current video of her under saddle. Now that she is finally blooming, the timing was perfect to try and get some good media. While I could get some film of myself riding, I felt that, to show her off to her best ability (for that perfect future leaser :) instead of a lesson, Porsche would get some quality time with Trainer S. and I would get to play groom/videographer for the afternoon.

   The Prep:

    I wanted to pull out all the stops and have Porsche turned out looking show ready (good practice for me!)  That meant elbow grease every time I brought her out 2 weeks prior, I curried/rubbed and brushed until her coat was completely shed out and she gleamed! 


There was one wonky one in there....but you couldn't really tell in the video ;)


I decided to braid her and followed Guinness on Tap's directions for the big fluffy Dutch braids (cause awesome!).  I remember reading somewhere mares should have 9 braids and geldings 7....but can't for the life of me remember where I heard/read that - I got in 9 :) I grabbed some cheap firm hold hair gel to give the mane more texture to hold the braids tight (definitely helped!). I put the tiniest amount of baby oil on a rag, and polished up her muzzle, nostrils, around her eyes and cheekbones, just to give her that extra bit-o-shine. 

    

   The outfit:





    My colours for Tesla are black/grey/white (with maybe a pop of orange ;) - so I had a nice fitting grey Le Mieux swan neck pad (Great for TB withers!!) and the reflective Horsewear boots. I wasn't able to track down a grey bonnet in time - but did pick up a second-hand black one for $5 - necessary since Porsche was ear twitched on the track and her ears are NO TOUCHY - so I'm just stick a bonnet on that and call it good ;)


It was crazy windy (if you look close you can see all the trees blowing!) but Porsche was a champ.
So without further ado - some fancy pony prancing set to indie-folk-pop (sorry-not-sorry)



Trainer S. really likes her (but she likes sensitive mares too LOL - "You have a type, she laughed - and that made me laugh, cause yup it is totally true!).  She said to keep working on relaxation and getting her soft on the aids when I ride, but that she naturally has nice gaits (even when she is a bit tense).







She was surprised how much leg Porsche actually takes (believe me, I know it's a work out!) and she will actually take quite a bit of contact as well.











Comments

  1. Looking good. I can barely get myself to braid for shows, let alone for a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Porsche is a lovely mover. And so shiny 😍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment