Bloghop: Would You Rather...

 Thanks to Anxiety at A for this blog hop!





Spooky or Steady:

  • I appreciate a steady eddy (and the work that it takes to get a more reactive/spooky horse there!)

Matchy Matchy or Mismatched

  • Oh man, I am honestly mostly mismatched - I love all the pretty colours and then practicality usually wins out and I go for black, grey or reflective/hi-vis :D (or what's on sale honestly: if things fit myself or the horses well, then the colour doesn't matter as much...

Tall boots or Half chaps

  • Half chaps (I keep saving my "nice" boots ..... but honestly, what for?!? I need to wear the BOOTS.)

Indoor or outdoor

  • I've been at places that have both....a covered is such a luxury: my goal for next year is to convert part of the pasture to a usable outdoor arena.

Bay or chestnut

  • A good horse is never a bad colour, right? Liver chestnut....drool.... and a bright mahogany bay is always classy (hi, Porsche!); I prefer minimal white or full-on crazy paint! 
  • But Benchmark Sporthorses had this Bootylicious Chestnut mare, Island Vibe, that I LOVED, red-head and all!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HBuK5QJxw8&t=185s

 


 

 

Hard shell boots or sport medicine boots?

  • I don't really use boots, I have a reflective pair for safety and polo wraps for extra support if/when needed.

Free Board for a Year or 20k for a shopping spree?

  • I'd go for the shopping spree: A horse-size training cart/harness, some training/lessons and the rest in savings for the next prospect.

Long or short mane or roached mane?

  • Leaning towards the banged mane and tail look lately: even if they are grubby out in the field, if tail tops are groomed and a nice crisp tail trim,  they look pretty sharp ;) If the horse has a great topline, the roach only shows it off more: I also like those Andalusian//Lusitanos with the big thick double braids: Tesla doesn't grow a super thick mane - but grows a nice tail: Porsche is the exact opposite LOL)

Lazy or hot horse?

  • Hot is OK but with a brain and sense of self preservation please. I test rode one horse that was literally dead to aids and that was no fun.

Private barn or a boarding barn?

  • A private barn can be more work, but there is def more flexibility. I've had some wonderful boarding experiences, and some nightmares....

Create your dream barn or own your dream horse?

  • Both are in-progress ;)

Roman nose or dished face?

  • I'd take either.

Ride an Olympic-level horse or take a lesson with an Olympian?

  • I'd love a lesson with Uta Graf

Own a miniature horse or a donkey?

  • A miniature pony that could baby-sit Porsche and pull a cart/perform tricks would be super fun. Maybe someday :)

Comments