There's no place like home.



It was legit a crazy windy day with 25mph+ gusts, and when Trail Boss and I went to pick Tesla and Porsche up, the whole facility was either a) screaming, b) running c) bucking d) farting or some combination of those LOL. The lead rope around the butt trick worked to remind both girls to load on up, and once in the trailer, they happily chilled (yay!!) I bought a few bales of Teff from the BO, and will switch them gradually to the lovely Timothy I sourced.

Tesla was stalled next to a grand prix level dressage horse, who thought she was being very wild (but honestly just made us laugh - I was reminded of 900fbpony's Henry and his dolphin antics ;) while Tesla was performing a floor routine to rival Simone Biles:






Like 10 min. after unloading:



An upside from all the moves: Tesla's previous food aggression issues have calmed WAY down! 

We still have some work to do in the pasture, setting up the hot wire to remind them to stay off fences - so they will be spending quality time in this sacrifice paddock this winter. I'm on the hunt for wood chips/hog fuel to help keep the dust down in this paddock on the WINDY days we get on the regular, its on a bit of a hill, so the drainage should be good and keep down the mud.


Snug as a bug in a rug: amazingly, when you close up a barn, it actually stays pretty warm inside...so when the temps are reasonable, it is nice to let them air-out a bit (and helps prevent any rubs ;)

Halters come off before bedtime - safety first! 



Previous co-op barn we were at where owner insisted all doors be kept open - It was crazy freezing cold:

(still can't figure the rationale on this one....)


Pinch me, I MUST BE DREAMING!!!



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Its been a whirlwind to get here, but WORTH IT.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! They look happy. I don't get leaving the doors open either. I know that airflow is important but you need to be logical about it. I will leave the front barn doors open about 4 inches if it's nice out. On really cold nights or storms I shut them. My barn never smells bad or musty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am thrilled to bits and so excited. I feel like common sense should inform barn "airings out" and during snowmageddons and/or gale force winds, lock that puppy up! LOL.

      Delete
  3. Home sweet home, yay! Is this the first time they've shared a paddock?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment