Tackling the Tack Room




Knowing that I would need some building materials, I've been popping into the local Habitat for Humanity ReStore to look for odds and ends. 


Can't beat a Best Seller! Most durable and budget friendly option I could find.

I happened to see 11 sheets of OSB. I remember this being used for the horse run-ins at a previous barn - painted green - and they held up well and looked decent - and they were marked for half of what they would cost new - so I nabbed them!









hard-wearing OSB board in green





Before:



After: The plan is to paint this wall since the wood is all different shades ;)



I got these pinned:


A pop of Kelly Green perhaps? (Plus Trophies, LOL)




Navy is always in style....








Before:






After: Starting to look like a useable space :D   

The plan is to hang 2 x 4s bolted into the studs for hanging heavy things, like saddle racks, etc.
and I'm seeing Totes with clean winter blankets / saddle pads in that awesome upper shelf space!







What are your favourite drool worthy tack rooms/ and organization hacks?


       




Comments

  1. Nice find. My tack room is OSB and it’s great. I didn’t paint it though - I left it rustic. I like Ikea multi towel racks for saddle pads. I live having a sink in my tack room and a heater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. There's no running water actually in this barn - but there are two all-weather faucets right outside: ideas of a wash-rack behind the barn :D

      Delete

Post a Comment