Endotapping


I am a big proponent of the Masterson Method. The idea of a conditioned relaxation response is a win-win in my book! Tesla has always responded really well to Masterson method - and Porsche somewhat well.

So when I heard through a friend about Endotapping - I educated myself, and then went to give it a try!

I tried it on both girls - Tesla is gonna take a few sessions to understand the new program  'cause she kept thinking I wanted all her groundwork tricks and was turning herself inside out for cookies =) Special.

But what surprised me the most was Miss Porsche! She was DIGGING it.

The premise is that you gently tap until you see the horse do something more relaxed. Then you stop. Repeat. Not only can you condition a relaxation response, but you can help the horse with body awareness - (definitely will be useful for Tesla!!)


It's hard to catch it all in a video. and honestly it feels like voodoo - but you can see it work right before your eyes.






Porsche turned her head a lot to touch the whip with her nose. I noticed that I got the biggest responses when I tapped on her ticklish spots (her withers). Her breathing changed to deep long breaths, her eyes got soft and wet and sleepy (and she was definitely "endo-napping" LOL.




LOOK at that wiggly chin....If I didn't know better, I'd think she was on Dorm gel...


Blissed out


 I also noticed a big change in her attitude. The next day, she left her hay and came right up to the gate to greet me - so something is definitely working, and I will totally add this into our routine.

Have you tried endo-tapping? 





Comments

  1. I tried it a little bit with Subi. It took a lot to get a response from him (my trainer friend worked a lot with JP Giacomini) and tried to teach it to me before she moved to KY. I never kept up with it after she left as I didn't get the response that she did but I've really seen it work. I'm happy it's working for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Porsche had a knot at ~the 3rd vertebrate, the vet didn't really seem concerned, but I did notice that sucker is GONE after 2 endotapping sessions - it's like magic o_O

      Delete

Post a Comment