and I thought Thoroughbreds were bottomless pits....



I got a text from BM "Also I noticed both of them drop a lot of grain out onto the ground when they're eating"

I answered something like - oh, they're used to eating from pans on the ground and didn't think anything more about it...until I went out to the barn today...


OMG the goats are legit waddling!!

Does this goat make my butt look big?


As I watched the interactions, I realized that what the BM actually meant was the goats were EATING all the grain/feed the horses dropped..





Tesla made mean faces at this little dude, but shared anyways...



Left food to say hi to Mom...wait who are you hiding in your stall?



Caught RED HANDED, little stinkers!!


I'm incredibly frustrated.  I'm spending an extra $200/mo on this supplemental feed for the girls - and I can clearly see that the goats are getting a large portion of it, while the girls are mostly maintaining weight (for now...and it hasn't gotten chilly yet...)

The BM has made it very clear that she isn't going to change her "routine". She feeds/grains even if you are working the horse (and then the goats really do get ALL of it...) Also I can't really say anything - cause if she asks me to leave then we're homeless!


Sign....can't change it, so just gotta make the best of it. 

Only temporary, I keep reminding myself..









Comments

  1. oh my. That is frustrating. Can you hang the hay up higher? Pay for hot wire around your girls' paddock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ridiculously unacceptable! I have to fence my bully of a pony away from my Clydesdale mare's feed, or he'd eat himself into a coma, and she'd starve lol. Hanging the hay higher might help, but I know goats are notorious for climbing and accessing anything they deem edible. Sorry you're struggling with this - not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a goat at my boarding barn too, fortunately though, the stalls are solid, so you can close the door to keep him out if your horse is out working. What a pain. I wish I had some helpful suggestions for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment