Making it work


Thank you to everyone for all your feed suggestions!!

Shine & turnout goals! The sporty tail length I've got, when both girls donated to an antique rocking horse project...


Since the BM will feed baggies, and the grain bins are hard for the goats to reach, I'm pretty certain they will get those calories. I concentrated on making those baggies as nutritious as possible, so even if the goats share some of their breakfast, lunch, and dinner, they will still be getting enough groceries.

I visited the local feed shops (to see what was most commonly carried in stock - and what local feed options were available) and then spent some quality time with FeedXL to calculate what I needed and how to balance everything out. 

Certain feeds are rocket fuel for my girls; namely COB +/- molasses, but I haven't noticed big behavioral changes with rice bran or alfalfa.

I took photos of nutritional tags, in case FeedXL didn't have them in their database...


Not at all crazy, LOL.


I ended up with a mixture of hay pellets (orchard grass/timothy), rice bran/beet pulp, CA Trace Plus,  biotin, magnesium (Tesla responds SUPER well to it), and a local milling mix in 1 gal freezer bags that BM will feed AM and PM.  It is all low sugar, high fat / complex carbs, so nobody should go bouncing off the walls, but I am expecting to see some CHUBS.

Plan B is to fill my trailer with hay and start feeding extra portions myself...but I kinda know if I start bringing my own hay, she will stop feeding hers...so fingers crossed the baggies work their magic!















Comments

Post a Comment