Fence 1, Me 0


I very nearly broke my nose at the barn this past weekend, all on my own, with no horsey help :P

Me and my Shadow ;)


I was wearing my favourite ball cap - the one with the extra long brim ...

and I went to check on a friend's horse while she was away at a horse show, and give him a bit of extra love...

The paddocks are separated by about a foot of space, and in some places, there are supports that are about eye level connecting the two fences... (I bet you know where this is headed)

So I ducked under one, gave the pony his pat and carrot, and then totally turned around and ran face first into the wood beam.

It hurt like the dickens! I ended up being lucky - the brim hit it first, giving me that split second to turn my face so I didn't hit as hard as I could of...also no black eyes or bloody nose (score!)!! but I swelled up, and the bridge of my nose (right where glasses sit) is still super puffy and tender.  A co-worker does martial arts (and actually has come to work with a black eye LOL, so I wouldn't have been the first) assured me I didn't break it but just badly bruised it and told me to massage it to increase blood flow to the area (yes, but ouch!)

Forget the horses, guess I'm the one who needs to be wrapped in bubble-wrap LOL!


Comments

  1. Ouch! It wouldn't hurt to get an xray, just in case.... noses can heal weird. When I broke mine it was straight but they told me to look at it very closely for the next week as that was when the fracture would set. Hope it feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment