Traffic School 2



Apparently when I stand Tesla in the middle of arena traffic my barn friends say she looks pretty much like this:

OMG!! but I'm a good girl, I'm a good girl...

and I thought it was just the one crazy eye...LOL...


I longed Tesla yesterday while a lesson was happening (so one other horse in the ring) and she was foot perfect. Nice and soft in the contact - even with the tractor zooming around outside. So good we  worked on contact by shortening the side rein 1 hole (previously she couldn't even on hole #2): lots of transitions, and I really worked on forward (as per the Robert Dover clinics) - and praising her when she was in the right frame (i.e low and working over her back). We did large circles and then a few smaller ones to get some good bend through her body and then we went and hung out in the middle of the arena while S. and her horse worked on trot/canter poles. Tesla was happy to get peanuts and chill, so I made a huge fuss about what a good girl she was.




Comments

Post a Comment