three rights = a left



Apparently, someone forgot how to turn left in the crossties....


You want me to do what?!?


She had a couple "scary" moments in there (i.e. she bumped her bum against the wall and a hoof touched the muck broom which fell...so obvs some troll who eats horses lives there)

So I threw some carrots in my pocket, and picked up the little crop for a bump if needed...and we worked on "getting over" in the cross-tie area, both to the right and to the left...

She was not having it to start, she wanted to back out and I could see her brain starting to shut down: she didn't know what I wanted.

So, we schooled it like she had never seen it before: baby steps, lots of praise, and one good bump: no you must go forward! and she found her left turn signal again, LOL.

I'll definitely make her do it a few more times this week - just to cement it in that no trolls live there (and she loves to be asked a question she knows the answer to)

I own these crossties now! (even tho' I'm not actually tied....hehe)




Comments

  1. It was good that you could break it down for her and help her figure it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment