Meant to be



I've been on the saddle hunt for awhile now - since my last adjustment when the fitter told me I would get maybe about a year out of the Sommer before Tesla needed something new...

specifically: shoulder relief panels, curved panels, and a wider spine channel, so basically this:





I had my eye on one, and it sold before I could seal the deal (sob) - but then something quite special came available!

A custom-made buffalo monoflap saddle with a open seat, made for a TB with broad shoulders, withers,  and a curvy back... Sounds like Tess, I thought. The saddle was in demo condition as the horse had to be retired early (seriously, not even broken in yet!)

I chatted with the seller, and she was open to  trial - so I went for it!

It rode like butter.

and whatdya know - the saddlemaker just happened to be coming to my barn to adjust another saddle - so I gave him a ring and asked if he could look at the one I had on trial and see if it might need any adjustments (I couldn't have planned it better if I had tried!)

What is this majikal saddle you ask?

Tune in next time for the big reveal :D







Comments

Post a Comment