1. What is your earliest, clearest horse memory?
We had horses when I was very small - and I remember just being in awe and always watching and loving them.
|Pretty much still the same now (but with a helmet): big sloppy grin on a big black horse|
2. Describe the perfect summer day.
Sleeping in, avocado toast, trail ride/lesson, lemonade and hammocks, long lingering twilight filled with music & conversation, and star-gazing into the wee hours.
3. Are you reading anything right now? Tell me about it!
Dune (book 3). So good. and Riding in the Moment by Michael Schaffer - some great insight on how to teach the basics!
4. Do you follow a celebrity (horsey or non) that you’re embarrassed to say fascinates you? Tell me. NOW.
Nope. Don't follow anyone famous in particular.
5. What is your single most biggest horsey dream or goal?
I read this article
(http://www.horsemagazine.com/thm/2017/06/guarding-the-classical-principles/) and I feel like it echoes my sentiments: I want Tesla to get better and more beautiful as she ages, I want to be a better and more effective rider, have a proper seat, spend a "lifetime of building horses".
6. If you were at Starbucks right now, what would you order?
A Grande Chestnut Praline Latte, but I usually make my own at home on the stove.
7. What is your biggest equine pet peeve?
Pushing a horse too hard, too fast in training. LoL - but maybe because my own has taken longer that the average :)
8. With everything going on politically and in the media, tell me, do you follow it religiously? Tune it out? Or something in between?
To keep my sanity, I'm mostly tuning out the circus at the moment.
9. If you had to show your horse to a song, what would you choose?
This one from Yann Tiersen's Amelie Soundtrack:
10. What are you most looking forward to this summer?
The long quiet evenings at the barn :)