Thursday, October 13, 2016

Sommer 1 Sommer 2



I unpacked Sommer 2 excitedly and was blown. away. at the condition. It was pristine!

Seriously if there weren't rub marks from tall boots on the flaps, I would honestly have thought no-one ever touched this saddle!




It has a medium-deep seat, and blocks in the front, but they aren't outrageous..


The billets had no wear.

Thrilled to bits at my find, I went out to take 1 & 2 for a test drive at walk trot and canter.




Honestly? The broken in Sommer 1 had a great feel, but, I knew that Sommer 2 would feel like that  once the seat broke in (to my seat bones, woot!) and with some new squishy flocking...







So, Sommer 1 is headed back to the tack shop, and Sommer 2 is here to stay.  

Tesla was very adjustable: we did lots of serpentines and I can tell my improved position is helping me to give clearer aids.

Hooray for well fitting saddles (for the horse, and for me!)



4 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad it's all falling into place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a find!
    I wish you both well wear with it and cannot wait to hear about all the adventures you guys will share 😆😆😆

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on an awesome find!

    ReplyDelete