1. Do you actually always pick the horse's feet? Always? Really?
I would say 95% of the time yes, (and then that absent minded 5% of the time when I can't even remember anything LOL!
2. What is the biggest obstacle/reason preventing you from becoming a professional or competing full time with ease?
I think I don't have that grit needed to be on top: when I rode with the Polo team, I was always worried about pushing the game oldies too hard (where the great players focused on the game - not so much the liniment and wraps after)
3. Do you think it will ever not be about the money?
I mean I guess I could win the lottery one day :)
4. Was there ever a horse that you loved and really wanted to have a connection with, but it just never panned out?
I've been really fortunate, in that the horses I've known or owned have been a good fit...the most challenging so far has been Tesla, but I suspect all her "flaws" at this point are just inexperience, and that she will only get better and better with age! I had an instant connection with Porsche - she had me at that first trail ride ;)
5. What is one weakness in your riding that even your trainer doesn't pick up on, only you?
Yeah, My flaws are all pretty obvious I think....
6. What is the biggest doubt/insecurity you ask or tell yourself in your head?
Right now? definitely a "what if Tesla is too much horse for me?" rears it's ugly head. I've decided to put it out of my mind and go one step at a time...
7. There is a barn fire. You are the first person to discover it and see that the roof is collapsing in slowly, and you can tell it's going to come down any time. Do you call people first or head straight in to save the horses?
If I can quickly open door/stalls with minimal risk, I would do it!
8. What is one event in your riding career/horse/anything that you're still not over, even tho you might tell others you are?
That time Porsche almost colicked at the old barn cause the new load of footing in the turn-out area had plastic grass in it that she happily ate....no bueno.
Not usually a tell-off kinda gal, more likely to just walk away....
10. Have you ever seen questionable riding or training practices, but let it go/ignored it? How do you feel about it in hindsight?
I'm sure everyone has seen something off at some time...it is difficult as an outsider, yes? Maybe this is a bad moment, or you don't have the whole back story? I definitely witnessed one gal beating the crap out of her horse for zero apparent reason that I could see as an observer....On the flip side, one of the polo ponies was a total trouble-maker, and when the head trainer went after him after he tried to nail her while she was picking out his feet, the punishment looked intense, but was fair and he needed it!