Marching Forward At A Walk


The weather cleared a bit yesterday, so I braved my way out to the barn.

Tesla was slightly damp under her blanket (note to self: probably needs to be re-rainproofed!)

I think she likes coming in out of the rain, cause she is a Princess Pegasus in all reality, and would like fluffy clouds to frolic in, 24-7 cuddles, snacks and adoring audiences.



Once a Princess Pegasus, Always a Princess Pegasus

The arena was empty and quiet, so we did some quiet work, all at the walk:


Spiral ins (to the Left and Right), and the ice cream cones (top row, third from the right)  playing with the amount of inside leg and outside rein.

horse&rider link here

We wove throughout all the jumps and did and turns across the circle:

All the while thinking "Yin & Yangs"


and surprisingly, I wasn't riding a Llama! 


Wait, Tesla, that isn't you??


I'm making an effort to shorten my reins, keep my elbows bent and hands up!
and I've noticed a huge difference in how she is more accepting of the bit and contact, and is much more relaxed throughout her body. 


Marching forward.....even at a walk :)






Comments

Post a Comment