Mouldy Hay --> YIKES

 

  I ordered my hay early this year from my hay guy. 40 bales of an alfalfa mix, mostly orchard grass.

 

 I went through a few of the grassy bales, no problem, but when opened up some of the alfalfa mix, they looked dodgy and then I saw this:

 

 

I gave my hay guy a call. and luckily he still had some orchard grass, so he swapped out all the bales (and the bad ones).  When he lifted them up onto the truck to take the unopened bales away he mentioned they were so heavy and he knew what the issue was (probably the hay was a bit damp when baled). The new grass stuff is beautiful - I think I'll probably stick with alfalfa pellets if I want to add a bit extra for Porsche moving forward.

But I still had 3+ moldy open bales that needed disposal, and we don't have a cow or goat, so to keep the mold from spreading/being a fire hazard, I lit a bonfire.


 
Bye Bye Bad Hay

 
Tesla's mind was BLOWN: she kept calling to me as I carried out the flakes, and was 100% confused what I was doing with the FOOD...
 

 
Finis






Comments