Learning to Launch


  Emma over at 'FraidyCatEventing had a great blog post about Charlie - and how he had a breakthrough in learning to use his own body. Funnily enough, I had a similar experience with Tesla this week, while schooling the walk-to-canter transition on the longe line.

First, I worked on sharpening Tess to my aids, and really making her go forward right when I asked. Then we did walk-canter upwards transitions. Porsche is great at these, she really knows how to use her body and can leaps up into it over her back easy as pie, but I'd never actually seen Tesla use herself that same way. 


leap into canter like this!


But, after sharpening her up to the "caaaan-TUR" - she did it correctly, and then correctly the next few times. I could see something "clicked" about how she was supposed to use herself.  I'm sure we will need to practice more, but I'll take baby steps (or leaps, lol).

Comments

  1. I remember when Carmen suddenly figured out how to do the walk-canter transition. She was so proud of herself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment